Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The look for today is "At least I buttoned my shirt all the way up"

Summers in San Diego are the best but the warm weather sure makes it hard to put on a full suit for work. To my credit, at least I buttoned my shirt all the way up. The tee shirt sleeves on the dress shirt body made it so comfortable, and the fact that I didn't tuck my shirt in meant that I didn't have to suck my belly in all day. 
To balance the casual top half I had going on, I threw on some suede monk strap shoes for good measure. Leather soled shoes aren't exactly comfortable and I was basically hobbling to my car at the end of the day but the suede body is so rich, and the thick, heavy leather sole makes a very satisfying click clack when I walk along the marble floor. My look is almost classic so I love that the shoes are an unexpected color and material, and they're a single monk strap, which I almost never see.


Shirt by 3.1 Phillip Lim
Pants by Zara
Shoes by Ralph Lauren Black Label

I'd like to give a shoutout to Natasha at 3.1 Phillip Lim in West Hollywood for the beautiful shirt. I have it in a different color and I loved it so much I had her send me this one in all white.

And another shoutout to Mindy at Ralph Lauren in La Jolla for my shoes. The boutique itself mostly caters to the local La Jolla clientele with a lot of Purple Label and Black Label but Mindy will bring in anything that suits my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment